Card Making

Tropical Blues

Good Morning, this is Kathy. I hope you all are well. Does anyone miss traveling? I sure do and this beautiful stamp set from LDRS reminds me of a tropical vacation.

The Tropical Floral Slimline and coordinating die are part of the LDRS summer collection. It is a big and beautiful stamp that is perfect for slimline and A2 cards. The coordinating die is also available but wasn’t used in this project.

I stamped the image on Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock in the Raven Hybrid Ink. I then used a rectangle die to cut out part of the image.

I colored the inner part of the cut out with alcohol markers and used the Raven Hybrid Ink to stamp the sentiment which is in the stamp set. I embossed it in clear embossing ink. I am sure many of you know that stamping in black ink and embossing in clear powder (instead of black) creates less of a chance of loose powder. If you do have powder in places you don’t want it’s clear!

I then glued the outer cut to a 4.25 x 5.5” card base using foam tape. This sums it up.

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoy being part of the LDRS Creative team. Please let me know what you think in the comments below.

Card Making

Fall Colors

In a few weeks I am heading to Door County, WI with my sister in law and hope to see the start of fall colors. we don’t get to see fall colors in AZ and I do miss them. However, I don’t miss what comes after!

Today’s card features another background made with Nuvo Drops. It also features Gina K Designs Haunts & Harvest stamps and dies.

After I spread the Nuvo Drops onto card stock and let it dry. I cut it with Master Lay Outs 3.

The leaves were stamped were stamped with VersaFine Nocturne Clair and then heat embossed with clear WOW embossing powder. I use clear embossing powder with black ink because unlike black embossing powder it won’t show if you accidentally get it in a spot you don’t want. I then colored the leaves with alcohol markers.

The sentiment was stamped in Versamark Embossing Ink and covered with Nuvo Copper Blush powder and heated. The sentiment was placed in black card stock as was the card base. The leaves, sentiment and card base were popped up on foam adhesive and then attached to a white card. I adorned the card with a few gold baubles by Pinkfresh Metallic Pearls in gold

I hope you enjoy this card and that you are looking forward to fall. As always, thanks for stopping by!

Card Making

Is Summer Over?

I know there are many of you (especially up north) that want to hang on to that last ray of sunshine. But after this summer in AZ I am looking forward to a little fall weather.

This week I have been creating backgrounds using Nuvo Drops. I love the outcome. At first this one didn’t really make the cut. But I walked away for a day and when I came back to my table it was screaming for a fall sentiment!

The picture doesn’t really do it justice. There are shimmery copper streaks and the pumpkins from Gina K Design. The sentiment and stamp set are called Haunts and Harvest. The pumpkins are embossed in a beautiful Nuvo Copper Blush powder. I used the Master Layout 3 dies from GKD. These Master Layout dies hang right next to my desk as I use them on nearly every card.

I hope you enjoyed this card and that you are looking forward to fall. If you have any question or would like more details please leave me a comment. As always, thanks for stopping by!

Card Making

Halloween is Coming!

So today I am continuing with my Nuvo Drops background technique. I love finding different uses for products I have and this one is a good one!

Nuvo Drops are normally used for small embellishments but for the past couple days I have been using them for backgrounds. On this particular background I used a Gina K Designs stencil. I applied three colors of the Nuvo Drops and then with a Craft Scraper I dragged the product across a piece ofNeenah Solar White card stock.

I think the small circles look like little planets or bubbles brewing in a cauldron.

The card base was adhered to a piece of lime green card stock which I have had in my stash for a while. The stamps are part of Stampers Anonymous Snarky Halloween Cats set. They were fussy cut and glued down.

The sentiment is from the same set and popped up with pieces of scrap card. I hope you enjoy today’s card and that you have a wonderful weekend!